After learning about the challenges and inviting people to share ideas on how to overcome them in follow-up focus groups conducted by external consultants, Premier Foods rolled out several initiatives:
- Hosting speakers to share learning about how to hold the room & offering Gravitas workshops
- Reverse mentoring scheme
- Reviews of policies and procedures for working parents
- Recruitment without bias working party
- Changing career conversations: training for line managers and creating I&D referees who are responsible for calling our behaviour that isn’t inclusive
- Leveraging storytelling: #oktobeme stories shared across the organisation about bringing your authentic self to work
- Shifting ownership of I&D. Functions at Premier Foods are now driving I&D forward using diversity data, and learning more from their people about how they can further improve.
These initiatives have been positively received at Premier Foods & have demonstrated the appetite for certain skills development – such as the gravitas workshops which were fully booked within 30 minutes of release! Premier Foods continues to listen and adapt its approach in line with the needs of employees.
“We have been very pleased with WorkBuzz. The past 12 months have been massively challenging and the insights we have gained have helped to inform key business and people decisions. Most impressive is their service ethos, speed and adaptability.”
Human Resources Director.